Skip to main content

Testing New Stuff

Test flying my new computer. So far so good. The old one decided to have a melt down almost literally. Don't know about that sort of thing or why they decide to do that, just that they do. RIP the old and move on with the new. And move is what the mouse does now until I get used to the pad being a little left of where the other one was. Sort of a game---find the mouse.

Must talk about the weather. It is positively the best right now. Sun, breeze, cool. Just the opposite of a few days ago. Feel like a different person when the weather is good. Got to find a way to keep that going. oh, yeah.

Decided to try Twitter. Not sure about it yet. Bunches of odd little quips that don't seem to relate to anything around them. Just odd blurps. Sort of IM to the universe. Then some big brother program somewhere sorts them for references relating to a particular word. No one seems to care about that, I guess. Makes you wonder if other communications are as easily monitored. Have to think they are. But if whoever wants to wade through all that looking for some "subversive" stuff, have at it.

Apparently, I chose a screen name that got a couple of folk's attention and I now have a couple of followers of unknown sorts. But I must say it makes me feel powerful to say I tweeted the President. Like he actually reads any of that. This is still new to me and I hope it begins to make more sense soon. Otherwise I'll just unjoin. If that's possible. This is social? Networking? Give it some time and see what happens.

Speaking of the President, is it OK for him to be looking for some ass to kick? Not sure that's a presidential function. Officially. Pretty sure it happens, but that's what staffers are for. Right? Bet the Chief of Staff is experienced. Just had to get that out of my system. I liked the cool, calm guy better actually. A nice smile someone's direction and their career is over. Histrionics are for the divas. Or the guys on the bottom of the ballot.

So far I have nearly located with some accuracy the back space key and the delete key, going back to the new keyboard. Since that is the case it must be time to close this for a while. Need to collect a few more UVA/B/Gamma rays now. You'll notice I avoided all things oilspill.

Well, almost. My thought on that is if more folks spent more time working on the fix and less on accusing any one except themselves it'd be a good thing.

There now. Time to go.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: When God’s Ways Make No Sense by Dr. Larry Crabb

Review: When God’s Ways Make No Sense Dr. Larry Crabb Baker Books 2018 I chose this book because the title intrigued me.   When God’s Ways Make No Sense.    There have been plenty of times when that seemed truer than I’d like to admit.   Are we even allowed to say something like that?   Even if we think it.   So, an author willing to take on that topic had my attention. And mostly because I wanted his take on what to do about it? As it turns out Crabb pretty much gave away his case very early on in his book with a single scripture quote.   The basic idea is God is GOD and we are not.   His motives and actions are incomprehensible to mankind and He owes no explanation for them either.   Crabb admits near the end of his book that he is not a theologian which I knew going into this book, but his arguments are theology.   Or at least I think so.   I found his repeated circling the topic a bit frustrating. That said, the book does provoke thoughts from th

Review: Anatomy of the Soul

Anatomy of the Soul Curt Thompson. M.D. Salt River, an imprint of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. 2010 This is the most helpful,insightful book I’ve read in a long time. There’s advice, guidance, explanations and examples to illustrate discussion offered by the author. Best of all, for me anyway, it explains some of what I had suspected about how things work all along. Dr. Thompson links human anatomy and physiology to the spiritual part of our being throughout the text. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. And God uses His creation of the physical body in amazing ways. The author does a great job showing God’s wisdom found in research and the discoveries that science has made recently in neuroscience. Whether science wants to or not, it is describing the wonders of creation. Read this book. The text will require thought, evaluation, and time to go through. The author’s writing style is quite readable and he covers the material well. While this isn’t a how to or self help boo

Review: The Little French Bistro by Nina George

Review: The Little French Bistro Nina George Crown 2017 I have to admit that I'm not a fan of romance novels, but I think this one goes beyond the boy meets girl idea.   By a bunch.   If adults had coming of age stories this one would fit there.   Marianne travels a road many people I know would love to, but fear taking the steps needed. And that is the basis of this book.   Taking the steps.   Joy, sorrow, whatever comes and keep on taking the steps.    I agree with many of the comments already made about George's ability to build wonderful characters, paint scenes that vibrate with energy, and tell a story too.   Her writing touches the heart and not in some sappy, maudlin way.   A place of real emotions and desire.   Speaking of desire---her intimate scenes are just that, intimate.   In body and mind.   And not for just spicing things up a bit.   She captures the true nature of intimacy.    Lucky breaks all along the way are my nit wit