Friday, May 27, 2016

Review: Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume by Jason Wachob



Review: Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume
Jason Wachob
Harmony Books
2016

OK, I’ll admit it.  I was so wrong about this book.  I totally expected to hate it and ended up finding it full of good stuff.  To me it’s more about learning to live and discovering what really matters than it is a self-help sort of book.  This one covers a holistic approach to personal wellbeing; an approach won mostly the hard way.  The same way most of us learn, I suspect.  
Product Details 
Thirteen chapters introduce topics ranging from diet to spirituality.  The author simply lays out some information and experience that he has found most helpful in his own life, but also adds in some of the other areas related to each topic that others have practiced successfully. He tells his story with an  openness that I fond winsome.  He doesn’t deny or gloss over some of the really dumb stuff most of us try along the way like the party scene in college or the serial hookup relationships of the young professional years.  The 20/20 hindsight discussion is truly hopeful for those that have been there.  

I found Wachob’s ability and willingness to learn and grow inspirational.  His writing style is engaging, and as one of the endorsements called it “folksy”.   This book isn’t out to get the reader to buy his seminars, products or anything else, in my opinion.  He does mention his mindbodygreen.com site and its corollary sites a few times, but not like I expected at all.  It felt more like a like-minded community site sharing with whoever, but there are things you can purchase too.

So much to my surprise I do recommend this book.  In fact, I enjoyed reading this book.

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment